Today we are joined by Perry Carpenter from the 8th Layer Insights podcast.
Description: Get ready for a deep dive into what cybersecurity professionals often refer to as the "8th Layer" of security: HUMANS. Welcome to 8th Layer Insights (8Li). This podcast is a multidisciplinary exploration into how the complexities of human nature affect security and risk. Author, security researcher, and behavior science enthusiast Perry Carpenter taps experts for their insights and illumination. Topics include cybersecurity, psychology, behavior science, communication, leadership, and more
Things You're Doing Correct
- The audio production is amazing.
- The sidekick of "Carl" was creative
- Asked some really good questions and stayed out of the guest's way.
- As the episode isn't super long, the summaries at the end of a point signaled you were moving on to a new point.
- Loved the insights and vulnerability
- The website is clean and very useful
- Very well put together
Things That Might Need Some Buffering
- The show needs an intro to explain "Here is what we do here." You explain it later in the show. I would move it to the beginning of the show. The description really suggests a name change. Start with the end in mind, and look at who hires you to speak? If you're trying to spotlight soft skills, then tie them back to cyber security.
- The name is somewhat inside baseball. Maybe add a tagline to make it easier to get found
- I would’ve added a link to the sponsor and the steve king book in your show notes. I totally missed it in the sidebar.
- You have a lot of voices and from time to time we're not sure who said what. They all sounded different but we forget who is who.
Get Your Show Reviewed
Get your podcast audit and get your show reviewed today.
More From Dave and Erik
Find Dave at schoolofpodcasting.com
Find Erik at podcasttalentcoach.com