Today we look at Curious Goods a show that takes a deep dive in the Friday the 13th television series and looks at the storytelling aspects and other areas that made this a great show. Audio Player at the bottom of the page The Stuff We Liked We enjoye...
Today we look at Curious Goodsa show that takes a deep dive in the Friday the 13th television series and looks at the storytelling aspects and other areas that made this a great show. Audio Player at the bottom of the page The Stuff We Liked We enjoye...
The Stuff We Liked
- We enjoyed the sarcasm and entertainment as you did the re-enactment of the episode
- The ads were well done and to the point
- The show is a very unique mix of story writing clinic and very old television series
- Nice production
- The female voiceover at the start of the show
- Nice job of mentioning other shows and cross-promotion without being too spammy.
- Good call to action “What was your curious good from this episode?”
- Stopping the music let the audience know we've moved to a new section
The Items that Need to be Polished
- Dave found the intro confusing. Erik would've liked a bit of a table of contents.
- Explain what a curious good is sooner (you did a great job at the 35-minute mark)
- Try to talk to one person and avoid group speak
- Dave felt the background music got too loud at times
- Identify yourselves sooner (but no need to say “I'm your host)
- Add some credentials – why am I listening to you?
- You guys agree on everything. Maybe find some different points of view.
- The commercials break was very long. Possibly break these up into smaller chunks
- Didn't get to the content until 7 minutes in and Dave thought this was too long
- The easter egg at the end didn't deliver much value and the space between the end of the show and the easter egg is VERY long.
- The site is cluttered and hard to navigate
- Needs a style guide
- iTunes link goes to the wrong show (and your subscribe buttons are lost in the clutter)
- The Curious Goods show is missing on your show page.
- The tag cloud ads no value to the visitor. See if you can move it down the page.
- There is a lot of material for your business. There is more than enough advertising on each page.
- Convocation is a very fancy word.
- The logos have a nice theme that is followed in each logo.
Check out Curious Goods
The post Curious Goods appeared first on Podcast Review Show - Get Your Podcast Reviewed.
Get Your Show Reviewed
Get your podcast audit and get your show reviewed today.
More From Dave and Erik
Find Dave at schoolofpodcasting.com
Find Erik at podcasttalentcoach.com